Chocolate Orange Brownies
What you'll need:
150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa plus)
3 Terry's Chocolate Orange
200g unsalted butter
4 eggs (3 eggs if large)
275g caster sugar
90g plain flour
35g cocoa powder
Handful pecans (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven at 180C, then line a baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
2. Melt 1 of your chocolate oranges in a bowl with the dark chocolate and butter. You can do this either by using a heat proof bowl above simmering water, or in the microwave. If you're using the microwave it should take about 2 minutes, but I'd suggest stopping every 30 seconds or so to check on the mixture and stir! Once the chocolate has completely melted give it one last stir and set aside to cool.
3. Break your eggs into a bowl and whisk together with the sugar until light and fluffy. I'd suggest doing this with a hand mixer or stand mixer, but if you prefer working by hand then a whisk works absolutely fine too!
4. Once your chocolate mixture has cooled to room temperature slowly add it into the eggs and sugar. Make sure you keep stirring until everything is combined and you've got a dark, thick and glossy mix.
5. Stir your cocoa powder and flour together in a separate bowl, then gently fold them into your main chocolate mix. Your batter will start to look much thicker and fudgey (dreamy!).
6. Now is the time to add the extra yumminess. Chop 1 of the remaining chocolate oranges into chunks, mine were about 3 chunks per segment. If you're using any nuts then chop those now too. Add these into the batter and stir to distribute evenly.
7. Pour your batter into the prepared baking tin and smooth it out evenly. Break the final chocolate orange into clean segments and lay across the top of your brownie, it's up to you how you pattern these but I went for 3 columns.
8. Bake the brownie in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin before cutting into and feasting... ENJOY!