Garlic & Herb Flatbreads
300g self-raising flour
300g natural yoghurt
Knob of butter (salted)
Clove of garlic (minced)
Fresh herbs (chopped - I chose basil & rosemary)
What to do:
1. Weigh out your ingredients into separate bowls.
2. Mix the yoghurt and flour into a bowl together until they form a soft dough. Once dough is mixed well, knead gently on a floured surface for a few minutes and roll into a ball.
3. Split the dough into equal portions (for this recipe I'd recommend 8 balls weighing approx 75g each).
4. One by one, take a ball onto a floured surfaced and press down to start flattening into shape. Once you've patted it down, grab a rolling pin and roll the dough until it's about 3mm thick. Get a sharp knife and cut about 4-5 lines into the dough, keeping 5cm away from the edge.
5. Heat up a griddle pan on hight heat, ready to start cooking the flatbreads.
6. Whilst the pan is heating, get a small saucepan and melt the butter on a low heat. As soon as the butter has melted take the pan off the heat and stir in the most of the herbs and all the minced garlic. Keep some herbs aside to sprinkle on top as decoration.
7. Now the griddle pan is hot, start cooking the flatbreads. Do not use any oil in the pan. Give each one about 2 minutes per side and keep an eye to make sure they don't burn. A little charring is great.
8. Straight out of the pan, brush the breads with the garlic butter and sprinkle with the fresh herbs.