Posh Fig Toast
What you'll need:
4 ripe figs
3 Slices of sourdough bread
2tsp honey to drizzle
100g cream cheese
2 tsp pistachios (crushed)
Salt & pepper to season
What to do:
1. On the stove top, bring a griddle pan to a high heat. Note: no oil is needed for this recipe.
2. Whilst the pan is heating, cut your figs into slices roughly 2cm thick.
3. When the griddle pan has reached a high heat, gently place the sourdough slices into the pan and toast for around 1-2 minutes each side. Keep a close eye to ensure they don't burn and remember to flip half way to get a nice crunch and colour on both sides.
4. Once happy with your toast, spread a nice even layer of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
5. Top each slice with the figs, sprinkle over the crushed pistachios, lightly drizzle with honey and season with salt and pepper.
Send me pics of your toast if you try this recipe - I'd love to see them!!!